The image is not correctly aligned on my CRT when using CRU.
08-01-2024, 09:10 AM (Last edited: 08-08-2024, 08:54 AM by Norberhornton)
The image is not correctly aligned on my CRT when using CRU.
I'm using an SD CRT (640x480) with CRU to run it at this resolution. I tried both the "Manual CRT" and the geometry dash breeze "Exact CRT" options, as well as selecting the right resolution. The picture remains unchanged. The picture is moved up and to the right. I can't understand why. I'm using an HDMI to Composite converter, which might be part of the issue, but this worked properly with my prior setup. The only thing I have changed is the computer. Similarly, I am using the same graphics card. I've run out of ideas, and any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2024, 03:14 PM
RE: The image is not correctly aligned on my CRT when using CRU.
Was the old computer Windows 10 and the new computer Windows 11? Windows 11 does not support EDID overrides for displays without a valid EDID. What does CRU show by default? If it's "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" with no resolutions defined, that means it has no EDID. In that case, you would need an HDMI EDID emulator to use CRU. If it does have an EDID, there should be no difference with the same graphics card as long as the drivers are installed. What graphics card is it? Also with HDMI, the pixel clock must be at least 25 MHz.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply