Help- how to disable laptop switching to game mode (ALLM) with CRU
05-06-2024, 02:47 PM
Help- how to disable laptop switching to game mode (ALLM) with CRU
Im using a laptop that I connect to a TV that has hdmi 2.0. I mostly use the laptopso i can watch youtube with adblock as well as pirated films. Im having major problems with an ALLM setting (auto low latency mode, aka game mode). Anytime anything plays on the screen, whether an animation or autoplay videos that all websites have now, i get a 5 second “game mode turned on“ notifications and then another “game mode turned off”. Its distracting, it constantly pops on and off every time i hover my cursor over a youtube video or hit pause/play. I cant disable it through my tv settings unless I switch to hdmi 1.4 which drops me down to 30hz. The only helpful thing I found was someone on the AMD subreddit who said they were able to disable the switching to ALLM on their PC by using CRU. I have no idea how to use CRU and they didnt explain how they did it. Does anyone on here know anything about this ALLM setting and how to keep my laptop from constantly switching back and forth? Im using an hp with intel iris xe and a pioneer tv
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2024, 02:58 PM
RE: Help- how to disable laptop switching to game mode (ALLM) with CRU
Edit the CTA-861 extension block, and edit the HDMI 2.1 data block. Disable auto low-latency mode.
05-06-2024, 05:03 PM
RE: Help- how to disable laptop switching to game mode (ALLM) with CRU
(05-06-2024 02:58 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Edit the CTA-861 extension block, and edit the HDMI 2.1 data block. Disable auto low-latency mode.

Absolutely beautiful thanks