Unusual request if anyone can help
10-04-2024, 03:07 PM
Unusual request if anyone can help
Hi, I currently have an ultrawide which I regret buying (pure impulse) and have had no luck selling it. It's too large even on a mount to use comfortably with my other monitor. One workaround is I was running it on a lower resolution and having the right side behind my main gaming monitor and just running it in 1080p.

What I'd love to know is - is there a way to shift the viewport of my monitor/display around with the GPU or a way to force both the black bars to appear only on one side of the monitor so I can basically abandon having to use the full length & width of the monitor? There seems to be no tool that can do this, even in the nVidia control panel. What I'd like is to only use the right 2/3rds of the display but when I lower the resolution the black bars are on both sides and if I use scaling it stretches to the whole monitor defeating the purpose.

I'm using Huawei Mateview 34 Ultrawide.

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2024, 04:39 AM
RE: Unusual request if anyone can help
There isn't a way to control the positioning of resolutions. The only thing I can think of is to have a program that docks a black window like the taskbar does, but I don't know if any programs like that exist, and that would only affect desktop windows. Windows magnifier seems to be able to dock itself that way, but it's distracting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply