09-16-2024, 05:56 PM
Viewfinity monitor skipping 4/10 frames at 100Hz
https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors/high...500gauxxu/

Windows 11

3060 ti, latest drivers

Windows framerate settings is set 100Hz

HDR is off

Nvidia control panel settings reset to default. Nvidia control panel says 100Hz

Monitor supports display port 1.2 and I have a display port 1.4 cable which claims to support this refresh rate and resolution.

I have tried both turning my monitors Freesync setting on and off

I have tried multiple devices and multiple ports of my GPU but still witness the same tearing.

I have run the UFO frame skipping test and it shows that about 4/10 frames are skipped at 100hz very consistently. Additionally I can feel the choppiness at 100Hz. I'm currently using 60Hz because it's actually smooth by comparison.

I've downloaded CRU but I don't really know what I can do! If anyone's got any advice I'm willing to try anything.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2024, 06:03 PM
RE: Viewfinity monitor skipping 4/10 frames at 100Hz
I know there were some 75 Hz FreeSync monitors that would only work correctly with FreeSync enabled on AMD GPUs and skipped frames with NVIDIA GPUs. I don't know if that's the case here since NVIDIA should support adaptive sync with DisplayPort, but Samsung only mentions AMD FreeSync. This isn't something you can fix with CRU because it's a firmware/scaler issue that Samsung would have to fix. I'd return the monitor and get something else.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply