using 3 34" ultrawide monitors with nvidea surround
06-30-2024, 04:42 PM
using 3 34" ultrawide monitors with nvidea surround
Hi everyone
I have a question which may or may not have been answered somewhere here previously. I have 2 AW3420DW monitors and recently added an AW3423DW as the 3420's are no longer in production. When i use nvidea surround i get 6880x1440 with two monitors and when i add the 3423 my available resolution 3072x768 for a resolution. The refresh rates are 2@120hz and 1@ 175hz. I tried using CRU and actually did achieve getting 10320x1440 resolution on the list in nvidea, but when i went to apply, all the monitors shut off and i had a bit of a struggle to get all the monitors reset. Thankfully i had a hdmi fourth port to add another monitor to help reset everything. I'm obviously doing something wrong with the settings and would like a bit of help if that's possible.

I'm using an Alienware R16 desktop with the Nvidea Geforce 4090,and Intel i9 14900KF if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2024, 06:36 PM
RE: using 3 34" ultrawide monitors with nvidea surround
NVIDIA Surround requires all monitors to use the same resolution and refresh rate with the same exact timing parameters so they are all synchronized. You need to use CRU to edit the detailed resolution for 3440x1440 @ 120 Hz on the new monitor to match the old monitors, or edit the old monitors to match the new monitor, whichever works. If 3440x1440 @ 120 Hz works fine on each monitor individually after editing with CRU but goes black after trying to enable Surround, that might be an NVIDIA driver bug. When the screens go black, is the computer still responding (try caps lock on the keyboard)? If not, that means the driver is crashing, so you would need to report the issue to NVIDIA.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply