Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
09-12-2024, 01:44 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(09-11-2024 06:44 AM)Dump777 Wrote:  Hi so i checked with acer they say that the Port is HDMI 2.1 full 48gbps and should be working as expected. And msi(MAG274UPF E2) live support rep (monitor manufacturer does not know anything - claiming it is Upto 160hz and not guaranteed, so still waiting for their response) but I tried to play 4k HDR video using potplayer running on GPU and the monitor switches to HDR but windows still says HDR is off and Nvidia driver still says output dynamic range is limited.

so the monitor OSD says 3840 x 2160p 120hz HDR on adaptive sync enabled. So I am not really sure what this behavior is now. also 1440p @144hz gives me the option to switch from Rgb to YCbCr444 but still at 8bpc, And i can manually still switch HDR in that configuration. Will just have to wait and see what MSI says now
Acer is the only one that can resolve the refresh rate issue. MSI can't do anything since it's not a monitor issue. HDR by itself doesn't use additional bandwidth. It's the 10 bpc that uses more bandwidth. HDR might be possible at 8 bpc with dithering. If you want to force HDR off all the time, delete the HDR static metadata data block, or disable it in the monitor if it has the option.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2024, 06:47 AM (Last edited: 09-12-2024, 07:03 AM by Monkeyking)
Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to remove 10/12 bits from the driver as to use 8bit+frc.

That is in order to try getting DSC off on samsung displays without too much tinkering.
09-12-2024, 04:29 PM
(09-12-2024 01:44 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-11-2024 06:44 AM)Dump777 Wrote:  Hi so i checked with acer they say that the Port is HDMI 2.1 full 48gbps and should be working as expected. And msi(MAG274UPF E2) live support rep (monitor manufacturer does not know anything - claiming it is Upto 160hz and not guaranteed, so still waiting for their response) but I tried to play 4k HDR video using potplayer running on GPU and the monitor switches to HDR but windows still says HDR is off and Nvidia driver still says output dynamic range is limited.

so the monitor OSD says 3840 x 2160p 120hz HDR on adaptive sync enabled. So I am not really sure what this behavior is now. also 1440p @144hz gives me the option to switch from Rgb to YCbCr444 but still at 8bpc, And i can manually still switch HDR in that configuration. Will just have to wait and see what MSI says now
Acer is the only one that can resolve the refresh rate issue. MSI can't do anything since it's not a monitor issue. HDR by itself doesn't use additional bandwidth. It's the 10 bpc that uses more bandwidth. HDR might be possible at 8 bpc with dithering. If you want to force HDR off all the time, delete the HDR static metadata data block, or disable it in the monitor if it has the option.

Hi so i solved the issue on my own turns out it was because of a modded vbios (for more GPU TGP) i have been running on my laptop. I switched back to stock bios and everything works 160hz 12bpc full bandwidth etc . So will stick with 4k 120hz 8bpc till i build out my pc later on, thanks for all your help and info ! (so thankfully its not the monitor or Laptop, sorry for causing any troubles (still don't know much of how all this works)
09-12-2024, 07:23 PM
Hello, everyone. I tried to use this program on my Steam Deck OLED with Windows 11 installed. The way I used it was by copy-pasting the default settings for the default detailed resolution listed (800x1200@90Hz) into a newly-created detailed resolution, then changing the refresh rate setting to 60Hz (800x1200@60Hz). However, every time I tried to apply these settings through restart64.exe, two things happened; first, the 'Deck's resolution changed to 832x1200@64Hz instead of the resolution I asked for. Then, after restarting my device, it reverted to its original settings (800x1200@90Hz) with no option to change the refresh rate to 60Hz.

Am I doing something wrong? I don't know how to get this to work.
09-12-2024, 08:51 PM
(09-12-2024 01:43 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-11-2024 09:40 PM)juanme555 Wrote:  Which driver version? latest or are you using older drivers?
560.70 is what I checked.

Do interlaced resolutions over HDMI work on those drivers?
09-12-2024, 10:14 PM
My lenovo thinkpad p16 got very hot and the fans started running at full load, I had to do bios reset, the fans went quite, but the laptop still feels hotter than normal, I did a fresh windows install but the laptop still feels hot. Any thoughts?
09-12-2024, 11:37 PM
Is it possible to change the refresh rate on the lg c1 at all? I am using a correct cable in port 1 (non earc hdmi 2.1).

I can not change the hz lower or higher at any res so far.

What I am trying to accomplish 1440p at 144hz or more so it will feel atleast as smooth as my 144hz ips screen in fps game.

on a side note, I tried deleting the 4096 resolution but when I restart its back in cru under tv res and hdmi 1.x res

I want to use my c1 as a monitor, center scaled to a lower than 4k res with the highest possible static refresh rate.

I will attach some screenshots and the log file ive see you ask for before.

.txt  test.txt (Size: 46.99 KB / Downloads: 15)    
09-13-2024, 01:20 AM
(09-12-2024 11:37 PM)mostsoberdutchman Wrote:  Is it possible to change the refresh rate on the lg c1 at all? I am using a correct cable in port 1 (non earc hdmi 2.1).

I can not change the hz lower or higher at any res so far.

What I am trying to accomplish 1440p at 144hz or more so it will feel atleast as smooth as my 144hz ips screen in fps game.

on a side note, I tried deleting the 4096 resolution but when I restart its back in cru under tv res and hdmi 1.x res

I want to use my c1 as a monitor, center scaled to a lower than 4k res with the highest possible static refresh rate.

I will attach some screenshots and the log file ive see you ask for before.
What happens when you try to change the refresh rate? As far as I know, the only refresh rates the LG C1 supports beyond 60 Hz are 100 and 120 Hz. Other refresh rates might not display correctly if at all. You should be able to use 2560x1440 @ 120 Hz. You should be able to delete 4096x2160. I don't see how they can reappear on their own. The test.txt file shows it was saved like that.
(09-12-2024 10:14 PM)Turki.363 Wrote:  My lenovo thinkpad p16 got very hot and the fans started running at full load, I had to do bios reset, the fans went quite, but the laptop still feels hotter than normal, I did a fresh windows install but the laptop still feels hot. Any thoughts?
When did this start happening? Did you install the thermal solution driver? https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/produ...t15g-gen-2
(09-12-2024 07:23 PM)Egoblaze Wrote:  Hello, everyone. I tried to use this program on my Steam Deck OLED with Windows 11 installed. The way I used it was by copy-pasting the default settings for the default detailed resolution listed (800x1200@90Hz) into a newly-created detailed resolution, then changing the refresh rate setting to 60Hz (800x1200@60Hz). However, every time I tried to apply these settings through restart64.exe, two things happened; first, the 'Deck's resolution changed to 832x1200@64Hz instead of the resolution I asked for. Then, after restarting my device, it reverted to its original settings (800x1200@90Hz) with no option to change the refresh rate to 60Hz.

Am I doing something wrong? I don't know how to get this to work.
64 Hz means the driver didn't restart correctly, so it's using the Microsoft basic display driver. It should work correctly after a reboot. Check Device Manager and make sure the display adapter is enabled because sometimes it can be disabled after a failed restart. Usually running restart.exe again after rebooting will resolve that. If not, run reset-all.exe and reboot. Then try adding 60 Hz again, and reboot instead of running restart.exe. If it's still not showing up, then something in the driver is preventing the refresh rate from being listed. I don't know if the Steam-provided driver might behave differently from the official generic AMD drivers.