Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
10-01-2024, 06:16 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(10-01-2024 05:08 PM)Solid Wrote:  1) nVidia settings panel, doesn't allow me to set a custom resolution (it's grayed out). I have tried different things and none of them works. Thats the reason I ended up here, trying to use CRU to get custom resolution for my TV.

Reading the forum, I think that's because it's using DSC over HDMI 2.1 and DSC automatically disable custom resolution on nVidia panel?

2) If I want to output 1440p resolution, I can do it, but only at 100, 120 or 144 Hz on nVidia panel. It doesnt offer me and 60 Hz option, with has no sense as I can set 1080p@60 or 2160p@60 with no problem, but for some reason, no option to 60 Hz at 1440p.
NVIDIA's driver disables custom resolutions and EDID overrides when DSC is active if the pixel rate is beyond a certain point, and DSC can affect what resolutions and refresh rates are available. These are issues NVIDIA needs to resolve. The only way around this is to disable DSC. It's possible to disable DSC through the service menu by changing the firmware to S95B: https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED_Gaming/com...ay_stream/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2024, 07:02 PM (Last edited: 10-01-2024, 07:48 PM by ninjabyte587)
windows 11 24h2 is out now and it still displays refresh rates not defined in CRU.
disabled VRR in windows settings does not remedy this
Today, 04:00 PM
(10-01-2024 07:02 PM)ninjabyte587 Wrote:  windows 11 24h2 is out now and it still displays refresh rates not defined in CRU.
disabled VRR in windows settings does not remedy this
What about if you disable G-SYNC in the NVIDIA control panel? I think this might be related to quick media switching, which uses VRR/G-SYNC to add virtual refresh rates that can switch instantly without interrupting the video signal. There shouldn't be any way to do this if VRR/G-SYNC is disabled.