Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
Today, 04:24 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(Today 03:53 AM)ikonomov Wrote:  All my testing has been with DSC disabled which the monitor allows me to do in the OSD. HDMI 2.1 max FRL rate shows as 48 Gbps. After adding 4k/160Hz in a DisplayID 1.3 extension block (with CVT-RB timing) and running restart.exe (same with rebooting the computer) the selectable max refresh rate in NVCP drops from 144Hz to 120Hz, so not only is 160Hz not being added, but the 144Hz is actually being removed. I tried adding 144Hz in the same DisplayID extension block just to test, but it's still not being added and the max shows as 120Hz.
Try deleting the extension override data block. 144 Hz will be removed because the hidden extension block is not included, but you should be able to add 144 Hz back in.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Today, 05:00 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(Today 04:24 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  Try deleting the extension override data block. 144 Hz will be removed because the hidden extension block is not included, but you should be able to add 144 Hz back in.

After deleting the extension override data block the 144Hz now shows in NVCP as before. Unfortunately 160Hz still doesn't show. My assumption has been that I can force a given resolution and refresh rate. Since 4k/160Hz/8bit needs less than 48 Gbps with CVT-RBv2 and CVT-RB timings I thought that it would be at least possible to test and see how the monitor would handle it. It's interesting that a few 4k 160Hz monitors with full bandwidth HDMI 2.1 have been released now and all of them that do not have DSC support over HDMI seem to have a 144Hz limit for HDMI 2.1 connections. Any explanation for this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply